Murray Stein, Ph.D.is a training analyst at the International School for Analytical Psychology in Zurich, Switzerland. His most recent publications include The Principle of Individuation, Jung’s Map of the Soul, and The Edinburgh International Encyclopaedia of Psychoanalysis (Editor of the Jungian sections, with Ross Skelton as General Editor). He lectures internationally on topics related to Analytical Psychology and its applications in the contemporary world.
Dr. Stein is a graduate of Yale University (B.A. and M.Div.), the University of Chicago (Ph.D., in Religion and Psychological Studies), and the C.G. Jung Institut-Zurich. He is a founding member of the Inter-Regional Society of Jungian Analysts and Chicago Society of Jungian Analysts. He has been the president of the International Association for Analytical Psychology (2001-4), and is presently a member of the Swiss Society for Analytical Psychology and co-President of the International School of Analytical Psychology, Zurich.
Academic and Professional Matters:
Yale College (1961-1965), B.A.
Yale Divinity School, (1965-69), M.Div.
C.G. Jung Institute/Zürich (1969-73), Diplomate Analyst.
University of Chicago (1973-84), Ph.D. (Religion and Psychological Studies).
C.G. Jung Institute of Chicago (1976-2003), Training Analyst.
International School of Analytical Psychology, Zurich, Switzerland (2003-present), Training Analyst.
Schweitzerische Gesellschaft fuer analytische Psychologie (2003-present), member.
Chiron Publications, (1983-present), Editor and publisher.
United Presbyterian Church, ordained minister (1973 - retired 2003).
The International Association for Analytical Psychology, Analyst member, (1973 – present), Honorary Secretary (1989 –1995), Vice President (1995 – 1998) President-Elect (1998-2001), President (2001-2004).
Inter-Regional Society of Jungian Analysts, USA, Founding member (1974).
The Chicago Society of Jungian Analysts, Founding member (1980) and first President (1980 - 1984), Training analyst.
The National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis, Vision Award 1998.
International Federation for Psychoanalytic Education, Award, 2000..
1. The Borderline Personality in Analysis, Edited by Murray Stein, Edited by Nathan Schwartz-Salant, April 1995.
2. The Interactive Field in Analysis, volume 1, Edited by Murray Stein Chiron Publications,1995, ISBN: 0933029772.
3. Jung's Challenge to Contemporary Religion, Murray Stein, Robert L. Moore, Chiron Publications,1987, ISBN: 0933029098.
4. Jung's Treatment of Christianity,The Psychotherapy of a Religious Tradition, Murray Stein, Chiron Publications, 1985, ISBN: 0933029144.
5. Mad Parts of Sane People in Analysis, Edited by Murray Stein, Chiron Publications, 1993, ISBN: 0933029675.
6. The Principle of Individuation,Toward the Development of Human Consciousness, Murray Stein, Chiron Publications, May 2006, ISBN: 9781888602371.
7. Psyche and Sports, Baseball, Hockey, Martial Arts, Running, Swimming, Tennis and Others, Edited by Murray Stein, Edited by John Hollwitz, Chiron Publications, 1994, ISBN: 9780933029798.
8. Psyche at Work, Workplace Applications of Jungian Analytical Psychology, Edited by Murray Stein, Edited by John Hollwitz, Chiron Publications, 1992, ISBN: 0933029616
9. Psyche's Stories, volume 3, Modern Jungian Interpretations of Fairy Tales, Essays by Murray Stein, Essays by Joel Ryce-Menuhin, Essays by Jacquline J. West, Chiron Publications,1994, ISBN: 9780933029903.
10. Solar Conscience, Lunar Conscience, The Psychological Foundations of Morality, Lawfulness, and the Sense of Justice, Murray Stein, Chiron Publications, 1993,
11. Transference/Countertransference, Edited by Murray Stein, Edited by Nathan Schwartz-Salant, Chiron Publications,1984, ISBN: 0933029632.